Had an amazing 4th of July yesterday complete with friends, fireworks, and my fiancé.
We started the day around noon, with lunch at my apartment. Had pulled pork sliders and creamed corn with jalapenos. I was on a bit of a corn kick for no reason, and also made one of my favorite dips– Cowboy Caviar.
I first tried Cowboy Caviar at a bridal shower in Kansas City. Didn’t even realize it was meant to be a dip- I just ate it by the spoonful! It was addictive. Googled several recipes and have tried a few variations. Was quite happy with how this batch turned out, and thought I’d share with y’all! It’s a great easy and inexpensive addition to any summer party or BBQ.
Cowboy Caviar Ingredients
- 2 (15.25 oz) cans Green Giant sweet corn niblets (or your preferred type)
- 1 (10 oz) can original Rotel, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 oz) can sliced black olives, drained (optional– I omitted because future-hubby is picky)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 package low sodium taco seasoning
Mix everything together and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos, and enjoy!