After some serious spring cleaning and careful online shopping, my newest capsule wardrobe is finally complete!
Click here if you’d rather skip the post and start shopping…
What is a “Capsule Wardrobe”?
It’s a minimal, interchangeable wardrobe with a finite number made up of clothes you actually love to wear. (Source: Huffington Post)
You can also check out these two posts from last year’s capsules for additional info: Winter Capsule Wardrobe, Spring Capsule Wardrobe. Now that I’ve discovered this way of simplifying your style and dressing more intentionally, I don’t think I’ll ever go back.
I’ve learned some lessons over the past year of minimal fashion, and this is the most excitement I’ve felt going into a new season. Knowing how brutal Texas summers can get, I wasn’t able to carry over a lot of clothing from my Winter capsule, but I’m hoping that many of these easily-layered pieces will transition nicely into next Fall.
I ended up wearing black for about 80% of the time last season, so I was anxious to add some color and prints this time around. I’m still trying to keep to a minimal aesthetic, but swapping out black items for white ones, incorporating blush pink as a new color, and adding gingham for a fun seasonal print.
With some summer vacations in mind, I added another category to show things that I use when traveling. When flying, I always try to fit everything in a carry-on suitcase or duffle bag, so I don’t have to check any luggage.
Without further ado, I present my Spring/Summer 2017 Capsule Wardrobe…
2. Striped Tank Top
3. White Tank Top
4. Black Off-the-Shoulder Top
5. Gingham Peplum Top
6. White V-Neck T-Shirt
7. Striped V-Neck T-Shirt
8. Black Strappy Camisole
9. Blush Off-the-Shoulder Top (Similar)
2. High-Waisted Skinny Jeans
3. Foulard Print Shorts
4. White Denim Shorts
5. White Distressed Jeans
6. Distressed Boyfriend Jeans
7. White Culotte Pants
2. White Flounce Dress
3. Black Flounce Dress
4. White Off-the-Shoulder Dress
5. Black T-Shirt Dress
6. Black Off-the-Shoulder Maxi Dress
7. White Flute Sleeve Shirtdress
8. Ivory Apron Midi Dress
2. Black High-Waisted Bikini Bottoms
3. Black Open Front Caftan Cover-Up
4. Black Ruffle One-Piece Swimsuit
2. Black CrissCross Sandals
3. Tan Suede Block Heel Sandals
4. Brown Leather Booties
5. White Converse Chuck Taylor Sneakers
2. Baublebar Ishigaki Drop Earrings
3. Paisley Bandanas
4. Grey Tory Burch York Tote
5. Ona ‘Bond Street’ Camera Bag
6. Insect Shield Scarf
7. Cult Gaia Ark Bag
8. Brixton ‘Joanna’ Straw Hat
9. Kate Spade Rain Check Umbrella
2. Sole Society ‘Lacie’ Weekender Bag
3. Airplane-friendly Makeup Bag
4. Toiletries Travel Set
5. GoPro Hero4 Silver
6. Fujifilm XT1
7. Fujinon 35mm 1.4R Lens
8. Ona ‘Kyoto’ Camera Strap
Would love to hear from anyone else who has found success building a capsule wardrobe! Any tips to share or essentials that I’m missing from this list?